As seen in the Lawton Constitution December 21, 2017
Priced out of health insurance? Or do you feel it is too expensive to use?
We enjoy quality medical facilities and excellent health care providers in Lawton. But these services do not help people who cannot afford to access them.
Many working people feel they have been priced out of health insurance. And since health CARE has been inseparably linked to health insurance COVERAGE, many feel that without coverage, they can’t get care. While many who do have coverage feel that the cost of getting care makes their health insurance too expensive to use.
“The cost of health care in 2016 exceeded $25,000 per family,” according to the Milliman Index. And worse, cost per family has doubled from $12,500 in 2005, when Milliman first began tracking it.*
Direct primary care clinic membership offers personalized care, no insurance required
Direct primary care clinic membership is “centered around you,” old-fashioned health care from a personal physician. An old idea made new again. And clinic membership is also an ideal source of care for people who have no health insurance or who feel their coverage is too expensive to use for primary care.
Membership allows for unhurried visits where your Doctor has more time to hear your concerns, understand your health problems and provide you with the care and treatment you need.
Nationwide, face-time with a primary care Doctor averages seven to 10 minutes per visit. In direct primary care, Doctor face-time averages 35 minutes or more.** Ample time with your primary care Doctor is the foundation of effective health care. Time together builds trust. From trusting relationships, coupled with your Doctor’s expertise and experience, come the best decisions for your health.
“This is not football with the clock tick, tick, ticking down … Direct primary care clinic membership is like baseball. You have the time you need.” — Dr. Birdwell
The flat monthly membership fee includes:
- Annual comprehensive wellness and medical exam
- Unlimited clinic visits with same day/next day appointments
- Discounts on labs, imaging and medications provide major savings
- 24/7 communications via cell, text and email
- Wellness counseling
- Referrals to medical specialists and hospital-to-home coordination
- Coordination of care to maximize the value of any insurance our members have
- House call option
- No long-term commitment
Ask about it at work!
Direct primary care clinic membership is a “care first” employer-sponsored group health benefit:
- A flat monthly fee for all primary health care can be budgeted easily
- Quality health care that can be accessed quickly and after hours is the ideal health benefit for business owner and employee alike
- Many occupational health services are included in clinic membership
- Vision care, too
MainStreet Direct Care proves to be the ideal (or only) source of care for many SW Oklahomans. With or without coverage, we help maximize the value of any insurance our members have and seek less-expensive alternatives where possible. Dispensing many prescription medicines at very low cost helps many families make ends meet.
When extra tests or specialized care is needed, we take time to help members make decisions and find strategies for affordability.
Direct Primary Care is the future of health care, available today. It’s about care, not coverage.®
* Source: Milliman Index (www.milliman.com/mmi). Total cost includes coverage premiums plus the costs of care for a typical family of four, covered by an average employer-sponsored PPO plan.
** North Carolina State University MBA project comparing North Carolina direct pay medical practices to data collected from traditional practices