Direct primary care questions and answers
- Q: Is direct primary care membership like insurance coverage?
A: No. There is no insurance and no indemnity protection provided with this membership program. Direct care membership may be paired with a high-deductible insurance plan, however, there is no guarantee that your membership fee will be applied toward your deductible by the insurance company.
- Q: Must a direct primary care member also have health insurance?
A: No. MainStreet Direct Care is open to all, with or without insurance. Note that a Direct care membership does not remove you from liability under the Affordable Care Act to buy health insurance.
- Q: What about hospital costs?
A: MainStreet Direct care can be the perfect complement to a hospital/major medical insurance plan. However, your direct care membership does not include hospital or specialist medical care.
- Q: How is my medical care paid for?
A: All primary care and preventive medical care received from MainStreet Clinic is paid for through this membership program.
- Q: What services are available through MainStreet Direct Care?
A: Members receive a comprehensive annual medical exam and access to same day/next day appointments for the entire range of primary care medical services offered by the Clinic.
- Q: What if I have a chronic condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure?
A: Dr. Birdwell is board certified in Internal Medicine. MainStreet Direct Care members receive a comprehensive annual medical exam and clinical follow-ups as medically necessary for diabetes, hypertension, COPD and other chronic conditions, as well as minor illnesses that may occur from time to time.
- Q: What about my family? Are they included?
A: Family members 16 years or older may be added as a direct care member for a discounted membership fee.
- Q: What about work-related injuries and occupational health care?
A: MainStreet Clinic continues to provide outstanding, personalized Workers Compensation care as we have since 2003. Click to read available Employer Services.